Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Definition of a Housewife

Are you are housewife??

Housewife ni sama makna dengan Homemaker kan?

Well, I am one..since 3rd August 2013..
Before that I've been working for 15 years, tak pernah tau dan rasa, how it actually feels being a full time homemaker or stay-at-home mum, coz all this while I had a maid who helped me with all the housechore tasks during daytime. 

Maka pada awal bulan August hari tu, bermulalah career baru sebagai fulltime-stay-at-home career woman @ mumpreneur hehe.. 

How does it feel? 
OMG...penat giler kowt!!!
The housechores are a neverending stories and crisis. 
The kids are hungry all the time. 
Pinggan mangkuk periuk sentiasa ada je dalam sinki walaupun rasa dah berapa round clearkan sinki tu. 
Toys, stuffs, are everywhere no matter how many times I tidy up the places.  




But, being a homemaker is actually my own choice. So no escape to all those work then..

I'm the first to wake up, the last to go to bed. 

Mula mula memang penat, rasa exhausted sangat. But I catched up quite easily and speedily. Sebab, sambil buat housechores tu, I wear Premium Beautiful corset all the time during the day. And it really helps to keep on recharging my energy. Sebab Far Infra red rays dalam corset tu, itulah antara fungsinya. Nak cerita benefit lain Premium Beautiful tu kena dalam entry lain, panjang list dia.. :)

Satu lagi teman setia ialah Mineral Coffee. First thing in the morning I will have a cup of Mineral Coffee. Terus celik mata dan badan rasa segar dan energetic. And the feeling is longlasting, sampai sepanjang hari. 
I'm a coffee lover (or maybe dah sampai tahap addict kot ;p). So dalam sehari mesti kena 2-3 cawan coffee, cuma jenis coffee drink tu diselang selikan Mineral Coffee, kopi kampung, Nescafe. Tak minat teh sangat..

Anyway, these are why I can keep up and cope with all these house works, while I manage my online Glam Business simultaneously. 

And the nature of work  of this GLAM online business, memang sangat convenient, makes everything bearable and managable. 
Sebab, GLAM bisnes ni ONLINE bisnes. 
So sambil in between house tasks tu memang boleh manage bisnes, guna laptop atau smartphone je. Sambil sambil memasak,  tangan sebelah pegang I phone..dah biasa buat tu hehe..

And... actually, dah beberapa bulan menghadapi rutin macamni, rasa ok pulak. Happy. Puas hati. Because I know I am doing all these for my family. Family have their meals with my homecooked food, air tangan sendiri. Bukan air tangan Bibik macam dulu dulu.. :) 
I see my kids a lot more now. I get to communicate with them more often. 
I can help them with their homeworks now, calmly. Dulu pun tolong jugak, tapi sebab dah penat balik kerja, badan tengah penat, stress, senang je naik temper kalau soalan simple pun tak tau. Menyesal je rasa. 
Kalau ada event kat sekolah derang, sekarang takde masalah nak pegi. Kalau dulu, 4-5 kali tengok schedule kerja dulu, tengok in case ada meetings yang tak boleh skip, sebelum nak apply cuti tu. And I see them getting happier. Especially yang kecik sekali tu la, tak boleh berenggang dah sekarang :D . Seeing them happy, makes me happy..

So kesimpulannya, I never regret making the decision to quit so that I can have more time with family. Decision that is really worthwhile..

Anyway, the below definition of Housewife is from Wikipedia.. hope all the guys get the idea..bukan senang jadi Housewife tauu..

Have fun reading.. :)

Love, 
Hanita.
The Homemaker.

What a housewife does

Child care (where applicable)
  • Getting children ready for school and work
  • Volunteering for school canteen and other jobs
  • Bathing and dressing children
  • Feeding babies
  • Wiping noses and bottoms
  • Playing with children
  • Comforting babies, children and partners
  • Driving the children to school and other activities
  • Helping with homework
  • Supervising music practice
  • Reading storybooks
  • Stopping fights
Cleaning, decorating and provision of clothing
  • Cleaning the home
  • Seasonal cleaning like washing the curtains and beating carpets
  • Cleaning out the garage
  • Decorating (arranging the furniture and ornaments, and choosing the colours of things)
  • Washing clothes
  • Ironing clothes
  • Mending clothes (and sometimes making them)
  • Shopping for new clothes and other family needs
  • Tends the garden
Eldercare (where applicable)
Food-related
  • Planning meals
  • Buying food
  • Preparing and cooking food
  • Serving food
  • Washing up after meals
Health care and companionship
  • Doing first aid
  • Caring for sick people
  • Caring for pets
  • Listening to people's stories of their day
  • Giving advice
  • Entertaining guests
  • Remembering everybody's birthday
  • Fixing things that go wrong
  • Remembering what everyone else has forgotten
  • Finding lost things
  • Putting people to bed
  • Kissing people goodnight
Keeping up with finances, daily household items, and expenses
  • Paying monthly household bills in a timely manner
  • Making sure all household issues are resolved regarding health/car insurance, cell phone bills, doctor appointments, etc.
  • Managing spending
  • Any other secretarial duties that need to be done to help run a smooth partnership with the husband that is working to pay the bills

Young Housewife, Oil on canvas, byAlexey Tyranov (1801-1859). The Russian MuseumSt. PetersburgRussia

No comments: